Yes, a permit is required to anchor at Canton Waterfront Park during First Thursday Concerts.
A permit will be issued for all boats interested in viewing the First Thursday Concerts from the water directly in front of Canton Waterfront Park which begins 5/5 and continues every first Thursday of the month through September.
Boaters may purchase their permit per event by visiting Baltimore Recreation and Parks website (http://tinyurl.com/1stThursdayboatpermit) and follow the provided steps:
- Click on the side heading on the left side of page titled “Day permits”
- On the new page, expand the “Boating Permits” section
- Select the date for which you would like a permit and click register
- Customers will be prompted to sign-in
- Customers who have applied for permits or registered for a BCRP course in the past should login with their account information
- All other customers should create a new account
- Once a customer has signed in or created an account, he/she can add the permit to the cart and go through the check-out process
- Upon completion of check-out customers will be presented with a receipt confirmation and an attachment. The attachment is the actual Boating Permit. Customers can select “print attachment” and save the attachment to their phone or present a paper copy to Marine Police.
Boat Permits for First Thursdays Events are $20/event and will be enforced by the Marine Police. Boaters who are present at the event without a previously purchased permit will be able to use their smart phones to make payment which will instantly notify the marine police. Upon purchase, a permit will be issued via email.
Permits may be purchased in the Baltimore Recreation and Parks office, located at 3001 East Drive, Baltimore, MD 21217 or online at http://tinyurl.com/1stThursdayboatpermit .