Mise En Place Farm
Breakfast Taco Recipe
4 Corn tortillas(we use tortillas from Tortilleria de Sinaloa in Baltimore)
1 oz cooking oil such as olive oil or grapeseed oil
4 oz loose raw chorizo sausage or 1 chorizo removed from it’s casing
4 large eggs beaten
Salt and pepper to taste
4 tablespoons queso fresco
Red radish, thinly sliced
Heirloom tomatoes – about 1 pound
¼ cup chopped cilantro
Juice of ½ lime
1 serano or jalapeno pepper seeded and diced
¼ of one red onion diced
For this recipe we use chorizo from P.A. Bowen Farmstead, heirloom tomatoes from Knopp Family Farm, and cilantro, radish, and serrano peppers from our farm. Leftover pico de gallo is great eaten with chips.
1. To make the pico de gallo(raw salsa) mix together tomatoes, cilantro, lime, pepper, red onion and salt and pepper to taste, and set aside.
2. Put a large cast iron skillet on medium heat and warm tortillas for about 30 seconds per side(not crispy) and keep warm under a kitchen towel
3. Pour oil in skillet and cook sausage through.
4. Add eggs and salt and pepper and cook with the chorizo as you would scramble eggs.
5. Plate tortillas and divide chorizo and eggs among each.
6. Crumble queso fresco onto each and top with pico de gallo and radish.